(Montreal, Tuesday, 30 September 2008) – The Canada Tibet Committee today released the answers of each of the five main political parties to questions posed by the Committee regarding Tibet and China policies. The answers have been posted at www.tibet.ca/elections2008.
The questions are:
1. What is your party's official position on Tibet?
2. If elected, how will your party support human rights (freedom of speech, religious freedom) for the people of Tibet?
3. Under what conditions, if any, would your party support or facilitate investment by Canadian companies in Tibet?
4. If elected government, how would your party support the current dialogue between representatives of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Government of China?
5. If elected government, what would be your party’s foreign policy in relation to China-Canada relations and how would human rights form an integral part of that policy?
- 30 -
For more information:
Canada Tibet Committee