DONATE TODAY AND SUPPORT TIBET!
Dear friend of Tibet,
On July 12, 2015, respected Tibetan community leader, Tenzin Delek Rinpoche, died in a Chinese prison at age 64. He was thirteen years into a life sentence for crime he did not commit. His story is a stark reminder of the deteriorating human rights situation in Tibet today.
Help us strengthen Tibet’s voice in Ottawa…
We believe that Canada can influence China to find a peaceful solution for the Tibetan people. With your continued support, the Canada Tibet Committee (CTC) will be your voice in Ottawa.
· This year, the Government of Canada issued its final statement in response to the CTC’s request for a review of China Gold International Resources activities in Tibet. It was the very first time that sanctions were placed on a Canadian company for violating Canada’s corporate responsibility principles;
· In April, the CTC organized a Parliamentary Roundtable on Tibet, welcoming a roster of international speakers and seventeen Members of Parliament from all parties;
· In September, the CTC convened a conference of Canadian Tibet Associations with CTC representatives to adopt a new strategic plan for Tibet advocacy in Canada.
There is much more work to do…
In the coming months we will be meeting MPs from each political party in an effort to rebuild an active support group for Tibet in Canada’s new parliament. And we will send recommendations to the Government of Canada for the 2015 Paris Climate Conference (COP21) that will take place in December. Your help will ensure that we successfully achieve these goals.
Please take a moment to make a generous donation today. Your contribution will be used directly for Tibet advocacy in Canada. With our heartfelt thanks and appreciation,
Carole Samdup, Executive Director & Tenzing Musu, Donor Relations Coordinator
3 WAYS TO GIVE
The CTC is funded entirely by private donations and special events. Making a donation to the Canada Tibet Committee (CTC) is an important way to ensure that we continue our work on behalf of Tibet and the Tibetan people. In addition to funding our activities, your donation ensures that the CTC can function on a daily basis as Canada’s leading organization fighting for human rights and freedom in Tibet.
The CTC publishes its annual financial reports on our website at www.tibet.ca
1. Donate online at any time by visiting our website at www.tibet.ca
2. Send a cheque or money order by mail. Be sure to include your name and address so that we can thank you. Mail your cheque to the Canada Tibet Committee, 1425 Rene Levesque Blvd. West, 3rd floor, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1T7.
3. Support the CTC through an automatic monthly donation directly from your chequing account. Send us a “void” cheque along with a note authorizing the amount to be deducted each month (or use the form below). Or contact a CTC representative directly by calling 514-487-0665514-487-0665 or emailing our National Office at ctcoffice AT tibet.ca
Thank you – we appreciate your support.
Address: ________________________________________ _______________
City & Postal code: _______________________________________________
Email address: ___________________________________________________
Donation by credit card:
Card type:_________ Card no:___________________________ Expiry: ____________
Amount of donation: __________________
Yes, I would like to give $_________ per month to the Canada Tibet Committee and enclose my voided cheque indicating the account information.